Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chocolate Calandar

I have been asked once again to contribute to the Barnemix site, a Norwegian crafting blog run by Anne-Lise, thank you Anne-Lise for the privilege :) :) :).  My last effort was a book box and this time I have been challenged to make a calendar from predesigned chocolate sentiments calendar sheets by  RetroSassDesigns. Here is what I came up with this time :) :)

First I made the box with a back and the drawer.  Both sections were covered with pink paper and edged with black and pink lace.
 Next I attached a peace button onto the drawer.  Not sure of the best way to do this but thinking about it, a toothpick seemed to be the answer. It fitted through the loop at the back of the button perfectly and should be strong for the pull when the drawer is opened  as the pressure is more widely distributed.  This button is a bit tongue in cheek as the person I am giving to is a work colleague who knows I hate pink (she is not fond of it either) and always threatened to have our office painted pink, my computer decorated with pink etc.  I plan to put this on her desk hahahahaha and the peace button is so I hope she will forgive me :)
 Next I printed the 12 calendar sections and mounted each on pink card.
 To hold the monthly calendar sections I made a matching box and this was attached to the back of my desk-top calendar.
 To hold the current month calendar on the box I made a wee box and placed pearls on the front edge.  This will stop the calendar card from slipping off.
 A bit more quirkiness lol.  The job we were doing (I have just left work) was pretty stressful and the only way to hold it all together at times was to be a bit off the wall.  I decided it would be fun to include some fun elements amongst the flowers to make her smile and in the end opted for a wee saying I found usually attached to a gift bag with the mentioned contents included.  I have used a Saudi coin (saying that is where we are) so she will never be broke, a marble in case she looses her marbles, a rubber band to stretch her imagination, a piece of string to tie things together when they fall apart and a heart so she knows she is loved.

 Here is a close up of the final embellishment.
 This is what the back of the box looks like with the remaining calendar cards in place.
 Front view
 Side view
 And here we have the drawer open.  When I give this to her I will be filling the drawer with chocolates :) :)



Ingredients
  • Predesigned chocolate sentiments calendar sheets by  RetroSassDesigns
  • All other items from my stash
Challenges entered:-

12 comments:

  1. Great project! I love all of the decorative elements. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me with your creativity! This is outstanding! I wonder,m do you get more chocolate, when you have it on display? lol Thanks again for joining us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s a sweet calender ;) Thanks for joining us at Hanna& Friends
    hugs Line

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic project and I love all the personal touches you added and I don't know what your colleague will make of the pink but I think it's gorgeous... of course!
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome calender love the draw and the detail thanks for sharing at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks awesome! Great project.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your calendar is lovely . such terrific detail...I too have struggled with fixing buttons - the toothpick genius.
    Thank you for linking to Anything But A Card....2015 is a perfect starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project!!!!!!! Love the calendars along with all the additional elements!!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Anything But a Card DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big and useful project, perfect for ours New Beginning challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Hugs, Maja DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project, and it will also be a wonderful reminder through the year. The quirky sentiment is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Anything But a Card! Neva from DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning project. Thank you for joining us over at Scribble and Scrap. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous and very thoughtful gift. I'm sure the recipient was over the moon to receive it.

    Thanks for joining in our What's New challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi